Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Thee Makeout Party! - Play Pretend 12"

*I wanted to start this post off by explaining, as of right now I am going to be making posts about each of my records at random. It may be whichever picture catches my eye, or which one I may be listening to or digging a lot at the moment. I don't know. Eventually, once I've caught up and and blogged about every single thing I have, if that happens, I will continue to blog in the order I receive whatever new records I may end up adding to my collection. 



ONWARD,




This record was included for free in the package of the first record I ever pre-ordered online. This is Thee Makeout Party! a band I had seen a few times with Audacity, a local garage punk band. In fact, it was an Audacity record I was ordering, which happened to be from Burger Records. The owner of the Burger Records (Sean something) plays guitar/does some vocals in the band. He's the 2nd guy from the right on the record's cover. He must've assumed I didn't have this on vinyl but that I'd wanted it, which was exactly the case! He's one of the nicest dudes running a label today. (Before receiving this, I'd actually landed the cassette version of the album for free after talking to Sean at some party I saw Thee Makeout Party! and Audacity play together, but that's for a different blog post.) I was honestly more happy to have received it than the record I actually paid for. Thanks Sean!

Specifics:


Thee Makeout Party! - Play Pretend (black) /1000

No comments:

Post a Comment