Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sabertooth Zombie - Dent Face 7"


This is the first Sabertooth Zombie release that grabbed my attention. I don't think anyone could get through the first song and not want to continue listening. Shit is so hard without even trying to be.

I found this crucial seven inches of greatness at one of my visits to Amoeba Hollywood. It was the first record I ever bought that had no labels. It confused me at first. Now, I associate label-less records with STZ. This is because a bunch of their records have no labels on them. Go figure!

After I bought the record I finally realized, being able to look at the cover up close, who the person on the front is. It is Chris Crocker, infamous for making this classic video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc How they chose to include this joke in their artwork, I have no idea. The art associated with STZ and their members is always way out of the fucking box and I suppose it's just another one of many appeals the band has.

Specifics:


Sabertooth Zombie - Dent Face (pink) /250

No comments:

Post a Comment